Here is more evidence that the similarities we find in Alma 5-13 and Alma 36-42 are intentional and not coincidental.
In this post, I pointed out that the word "temperate" only shows up twice in the entire Book of Mormon -- once in Alma 7 and once in Alma 38.
There is another unique expression only found in these two chapters.
Doing a search for sentences in the Book of Mormon which contain both the word "trust" and the word "joy" yields two results:
5 And I trust, according to the Spirit of God which is in me, that I shall also have joy over you; nevertheless I do not desire that my joy over you should come by the cause of so much afflictions and sorrow which I have had for the brethren at Zarahemla, for behold, my joy cometh over them after wading through much affliction and sorrow. (Alma 7)
2 And now, my son, I trust that I shall have great joy in you, because of your and your faithfulness unto God; for as you have commenced in your youth to look to the Lord your God, even so I hope that you will continue in keeping his commandments; for blessed is he that to the end. (Alma 38)
ANNOUNCEMENT - new hosting service for BookofMormonNotes.com
We're excited to announce that this blog has a new home at WordPress. Use this link to get there. New projects, content, and feature...
-
We're excited to announce that this blog has a new home at WordPress. Use this link to get there. New projects, content, and feature...
-
Omni verse 12 states: Behold, I will speak unto you somewhat concerning Mosiah , who was made king 'Mosiah' or 'Moshiah...
-
Gideon, another example of internal consistency (and possibly Hebrew wordplay) in the Book of MormonIf we simply compare all the mentions of the name Gideon in the Book of Mormon, we quickly discover that the name can either refer to a plac...