Sunday, June 23, 2019

Internal Consistency between 1 Nephi 2:20 and 1 Nephi 4:14

In verse 20, we read:
20 And inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments, ye shall prosper, and shall be led to a land of promise; yea, even a land which I have prepared for you; yea, a land which is choice above all other lands.

This experience is referenced again in 1 Nephi 4:14, when Nephi is faced with the difficult choice to kill Laban in order to obtain the plates:
14 ... I remembered the words of the Lord which he spake unto me in the wilderness, saying that: Inasmuch as thy seed shall keep my commandments, they shall prosper in the land of promise.
This becomes a repeated theme throughout the Book of Mormon, referenced multiple times by many writers.

ANNOUNCEMENT - new hosting service for BookofMormonNotes.com

We're excited to announce that this blog has a new home at WordPress.  Use  this link  to get there.  New projects, content, and feature...